Friday, January 25, 2013

Pages Turning

Boxes stacked. Furniture buried.
I sit in the midst of disorder.
I have stowed and scrubbed. Hauled and directed.
Closed doors, final, rooms echoing empty.
And I hear the  pages turning. One more chapter complete, in the story of my life.
And I quail.
At such chaos before me.
At tasks mounded high.
I cower with new chapter unfolding.
I labor to relish pages not yet written. Hands open, receiving. Each as gift.
Love waiting to be unwrapped.
And I wonder, in all this mess, will I find order?
Will I remember friends, faithful?
Will I catch a glimpse, or more, of Him, who I follow, even into this?
Tears drip, worn from the struggle.
I grasp this book of my life once more.
I riffle through pages written, remembering.
Ah, here was God's goodness. Right there I experienced His mercy. Here I understood what it was to be comforted.
"When my soul fainted within me, I remembered the Lord..."
                                Jonah 2:7
I remember God and fresh pages seem less daunting.
Tasks may mound, but God will be my strength.
New chapter unfolds, and I remember God goes before.
Pages turn. And God is there.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Deb for continuing to share God goodness and faithfulness in the midst of the trials. He is our portion and our strength.

    ReplyDelete