Monday, December 17, 2012

Joseph

He boldly introduced himself. "My name is Joseph."
He happily led us to the few trees still staggered down marked rows.
Choosing carefully, we claimed our prize.
Joseph, determined, picked up our tree. He faltered under the weight of it, but plowed on. He would complete his task.
Words echoed.
"Joseph, chagrined but  noble, determined to take care of things..." Matthew 1:19 Message
"Then Joseph ... did exactly what God's Angel commanded..." Matthew 1:24 Message
How many times did Joseph obey?
How often did he determine to complete the task set before him?
And don't I often stagger under the weight of what must be accomplished?
He determined.
And did.
Despite the difficulties.
Despite appearances.
I too, must determine. Decide.
And finish the charge
I wanted to hug the small boy before me. Applaud such courage. Such determination.He has the makings of a noble man.
This Joseph.

No comments:

Post a Comment