Sunday, February 19, 2012

I Don't Want To


I don't want to.
I don't want to walk the dog. I don't want to wash these same dishes. I don't want to forgive my husband his romantic lack. I don't want to.
I don't want to face more of my own lack. Feel a sense of failure... again. I don't want to clutch this ache of lowliness. I don't want to have my bruise of discontent bumped again. I don't want to.
I don't want to have empty hours when others' are filled with “important” things. I don't want to cower in fear, afraid to step out, to trust. I don't want to be pierced by rejection one more time.
I don't want to cringe when my dreams are dashed or spew resentment when others' are fulfilled.
I don't want to. I just don't want to.
And I certainly don't want to live my life empty. Empty of Grace. Empty of Love Unyielding. Empty of Enough. Empty of Comfort. Empty of Mercy.
I don't want to live like I don't care. I don't want to cease letting go. Of hurts. Of petty misunderstandings. Of gaping wounds. I don't want to cease casting myself at the foot of His throne, “to receive mercy, and find grace to help us in our time of need.” (Hebrews 4:16)
I don't want to quit this process of exposing who I am. I don't want to stop trusting .
I don't want to. I just don't want to.

1 comment:

  1. Deb, if there is anyone's blog I would want to read it would be yours. Over the years, you have proven to be a woman after God's own heart. I admire your faith, am encouraged by your faithfulness and am filled with joy being a witness to the endless love you have for your Savior and King.

    ReplyDelete