Friday, February 15, 2013

Whirlwind

They were babes in arms, sucking, pulling.
Now they are towering, sucking, pulling.
And life has stormed, days endless.
Where in all this whirlwind blowing have days disappeared?
Yesterday I was daughter clinging. Today it is my daughter's daughter holding tight.
If only I could grasp these days. Tie them down, wrapped full of memories brimming.
Wind billows, relentless. No stopping. No caging it in.
I want to capture this elusive. Sand sifting through hands held eager.
How can I? Weigh down the whirling?
"You will remain... You are the same, and Your years have no end."  Psalm 102:26-27
"I AM... This is my name forever..." Exodus 3:14-15
Here is weight, glorious. God, eternal. Never changing.
"Give thanks to The Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever."  Psalm 106:1
As children, life, sucks and pulls , wind billowing, casting days away from me, I can weight this moment with Present God.
I can cast my song of praise, of thanks, into the whirlwind and capture.
The Eternal.
If only for a moment, the billowing ceases. The sand stops sifting.
I AM. Present. And I am. Present.

No comments:

Post a Comment