Thursday, August 15, 2013

I'm Slipping!

Psalm 94:18 Message
The minute I said, " I'm slipping, I'm falling," Your love, God, took hold and held me fast.

I don't know how many times I have slipped and my Best has grabbed my arm to prevent my further demise! And he grips hard! It's not like I set out to do a face plant. It just happens. Who knows what injuries he has prevented!! I cry out, and he has nabbed.
It is so easy to slip, to fall into sin, as believers. Often we don't even know we've hit a slick spot! And boom! We are on our faces in the mire. As we're going down, we're shouting in frustration, usually with ourselves. But almost always in surprise.
Here's what I love about this verse: the moment I exclaim, God grabs on. That steadfast love of His that can never let go, grips. Hard. And He doesn't release His grip, until He knows I am safe.
Just like my Best.
What a great guy. I think I'll walk a little closer to him, maybe hold his arm. Just in case. My feet decide to do a dance of their own!

No comments:

Post a Comment