Friday, March 9, 2012

Her Prayers


Her prayers are whispered sweet. She hesitates. Then, with 5 year-old boldness, she bursts out, “I REALLY love You, Jesus!”
Tears seep. Oh, to love like that!
With innocence. Sweetness. Boldness.
My love has been tangled in briars of wounds and faults. Today, it has been hidden by a bruise of discontent. I did not dare to draw near, lest my bruise be bumped, the pain lasting.
My heart weeps. Why do I choose to stay away? Why do I cling to self-reliance? Does not my God deserve to hear such passionate words from me? Have I made Him so small that I fear His anger? Have I whittled His love for me to a whisper or worse, to nothing at all?
My God, freely, daily, shouts His love for me.
The Lord is good and His love endures forever. Psalm 100:5
The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. Psalm 103:8
The Lord your God … will take great delight in you... He will rejoice over you in song. Zephaniah 3:17
Awake , my soul and sing of Him who died for thee!

Oh, Lord, my God, I love You! I REALLY love You!!
I burst into songs of praise.
Tears seep. Ohhh, to love like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment