Friday, May 11, 2012

Moment of Grace


Thirty years ago, my Beloved and I were in full-time ministry in MA. I was a young, naive wife and mother, wanting to faithfully serve her God. I had no clue Who my God was or what He required of me. I was empty and broken and didn't even know.
But my Lord did.
I have journeyed far, and have come full circle to this beginning place. And I have found this unutterable mercy. 
This moment of grace.
I was empty, and I have come back full.
I was broken and have reappeared, healed.
I was ignorant of my God and have returned, intimately acquainted.
Tears splash the page each time I consider all that my Lord has accomplished.
He took a broken, empty vessel and ravished her, shattering her with such love.
As if that wasn't enough, He then chose this weak, and foolish vessel to pour out His love upon others.
I am undone by such mercy. Such grace.
Oh, Love that won't let me go, I yield all to Thee!


“Think of what you were when you were called....
Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord.”
1 Corinthians 1: 26, 31

No comments:

Post a Comment