Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Slinging Mud


This morning's run through the woods had me slogging through mud. I was slinging mud everywhere. It spattered and clung.
As I slung more mud, the Lord whispered, “You've been slinging mud since before bed last night...”
I had been slinging mud in my heart towards my Beloved . He had asked of me what I was unable to give. I woke up slinging mud. The icy stares, the cold shoulder, my curt words had all been slung in my Beloved's direction. They spattered the rooms of my house and clung to his heart. 
All before sunrise.
My clothes and shoes were a mess and so was my Beloved, all at the brink of a glorious day.
Love … is not rude... 2 Corinthians 13:5
I could not control the muddy path, but I could control my response. It was time to clean up the mess. I started the washer and called my Beloved.
 No more slinging mud for me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment