Friday, June 22, 2012

Shades of Dimness


Strolling through the woods at an early hour, I was having difficulty discerning the path. Roots lurked to trip me. Branches seemed to side-swipe me. My walk was far more challenging in this dimness.
I removed my sunglasses. Suddenly the path was clear. I was able to avoid that which would cause me to stumble. No branches marked me. My walk was easier, more enjoyable in this light.
Simply by removing these shades of dimness, my vision was transformed.
Shades of dimness. Spectacles of darkness.
At times,I choose to wear them.  I choose to limit my vision by listening to the world, following a wrong theology. I am tripped by lies, side-swiped by sin and stray off the well-worn path. By choice.
John says we are to “walk in the light as He Himself is in the light.” 1 John 1:7
I decide whether I will don the shades of dimness or allow the light of Christ to stream across my way.
It's easier in the light. It is.

No comments:

Post a Comment