Monday, August 6, 2012

I AM !


I like recycling. I think it's great to come up with new uses for old things. But not when it comes to pain. I don't enjoy recycling through grief or memories of suffering. It's just not fun. But it is often inevitable. On a recent morning of rehashing old hurts that had surfaced, I cried out to the Lord. No matter the need I brought to Him, His supply was sufficient. He was enough...


I am...

I am groveling in the filth
radiant in His love
I am broken bits
shattered by His grace
I am coward, cowering
sheltered in His peace
I am recalcitrant
made to lay down in His rest
I am lost, seeking
found in His mercy
I am forgotten child
dancing in His favor
I am weak and dusty
strengthened by His might
I am crying, broken
held in His comfort
I am dashed dreams
ravished by His hope
I am hungry, longing
fed by His extravagance
I am! I cry
I AM! He replies.

No comments:

Post a Comment