Monday, August 20, 2012

Overwhelmed

I was overwhelmed today.
Overwhelmed by the loss and devastation resulting from this fire.
Overwhelmed by the response of His children.
Overwhelmed by God's mercy.
It is difficult to take in the destruction of my home. The stench. The loss. The chaos. The amount of work to be done.
Just as I am deluged by the devastation, I can hardly fathom the outpouring of God's people. The grace extended, the help, the generosity. The sheer numbers are staggering.
I am overcome by the magnitude of God's mercy.
Ten people live in our house. On any given day we are scattered among fifteen rooms on three different floors.
At the time of the fire, one child was away at camp; one child was in the attic to find the fire. My Best was on the second floor, enabling him to quickly assess the danger and sound the alarm. The remaining seven people were all downstairs, on the first floor, in the living room, nearest the front door, resulting in a rapid evacuation of the house.
THAT was God orchestrating His loving-kindness. Only a sovereign God could place ten people in the right place at the the right time. THAT was pure mercy.
I may feel overwhelmed today, but I am here to proclaim, we have an overwhelmingly merciful God.

No comments:

Post a Comment