Friday, August 17, 2012

Charred Remnants


Upon the curb, stacked and meandering, lies the scorched remnants of my life.
Here , in plain view, is my fiery furnace. My mountain of difficulty.
These charred remnants expose.
Expose my treasures. Expose my clutter.
Expose my walk with God.
Will I give thanks for even this?
Will I continue to count it ALL joy?
Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. James 1:2-3
This certainly qualified as a trial!
To endure is to withstand, to remain, to last.
These charcoal items did not endure the flames.
Would my faith withstand the scorch?
Yes. Yes, I would thank Him.
Yes, I would yield ALL.
Yes, I would consider even this joy.
Here, stacked upon the curb, was the hand of my loving Father.
This mountain of difficulty merely contained possessions. It did not hold those I held dear. They were spared.
This fiery furnace merely exposes the mercies of my God.

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Deb,
    I am praying with and for you. Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete