Friday, August 31, 2012

Rubbish


He is Shepherd , leading, until I see it plain: I count all things as rubbish compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ. Philippians 3:8
This has been waters turbulent. Grass, dry.
He has whispered long to let go. Stop the cling.
And I had... somewhat.
But when the flames came to lick what remained, the legs kicked, the arms flailed. I would not count ALL things. I WOULD hold to what could not hurt nor comfort me.
Rubbish. Trash. Stuff. Excess. Idols.
Though I did release the clutch, finally, Gentle Shepherd whispers urgent. “Compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing.”
Surpassing greatness?
What is that amidst the ashes?
Knowing Christ is a breath-taking privilege. Recognizing Him, understanding who He is has infinite value. All else is insignificant.
There is no comparison.
Here were waters, still. Acquaintance with Sovereign God.
Here were pastures green to feast upon. Discerning Merciful Father.
I count.

No comments:

Post a Comment