Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Willful Contempt

My heart is filled with rebellion.
When did it become like that?
When did I start to willfully violate the law? Or begin to treat the king's authority with contempt?
This willfulness, this contempt, runs rampant in me. This desire to stray. To turn away.
I am appalled by such.
Fire exposes, lays bare.
This scorch unmasks my rebellion.
1 John 1:8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1:10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make Him out to be a liar and His word has no place in us.
I have claimed.
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9
I confess.
I agree with Him that I am rebellious. Brimming with willful contempt.
Just as washing away soot requires effort, so does this confessing.
Water removes the sludge. So does shed blood.
Flames can consume.
So does grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment