Monday, October 8, 2012

Fretful Child

He toddled around the perimeter.
Whining. Fussing.
Demanding his own way.
He ignored arms eager to comfort.
He sought only what he longed for.
With arched back, he flailed in his mother's arms.
Dissatisfied. Discontent.
In wisdom, his mother refused him. In perspective, his father removed him.
They knew better. They understood his needs. Had the bigger picture.
At last, he submitted.
Was quieted, secure in his mama's arms. In her love.

But I have stilled and quieted my soul;
like a weaned child with its mother,
like a weaned child is my soul within me. Psalm 131:2

How do I end the tantrum?
Cease the fret?
Rid myself of discontent?

Be at rest once more, O my soul,
for the Lord has been good to you. Psalm 116:7

I must recognize my God. Focus on His goodness.
Be discontent with my demands.
Secure in His love.
Then this fretful child, will be still in His arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment