Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Ledger

Yesterday, I kept the tally
Filled the ledger page full.
I kept track. Of all his lacks.
We no longer keep accounts. My checkbook ledger is fairly empty. Stores no longer fill pages with credits and debits. It's all done for us.
Automatically.
As if they don't matter.
But it's important.
To erase the tally. The lack.
And keep the assets.
My Best has loved me faithful. I, the unlovely.
For thirty years and beyond.
My Best has supplied our daily bread with walls and resting places.
He has held firm when we buried, our loss mounded high.
He has stood planted when death knocked on his own door.
He has remained when he could have left behind.
All this and more has my Best done for me.
When I keep the tally, aren't I simply keeping my own way?
“(Love) is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrong.”
1 Corinthians 13:5
It is time to erase the ledger. Remove the debits.
And record the good. Keeping careful track.
Until my ledger book is full.
That won't take long.
He is, after all, my Best.

No comments:

Post a Comment