Friday, November 30, 2012

Boldly Expose

At the grand age of five, they sat at the lunch table, sharing.
Full of story and bravado, each boldly exposed the wound.
I chuckled quietly at the display.
Later, after dealing with hurts of children, grown, I was sobered.
At what point do they cover and hide?
And aren't we all covering?
Story and damage.
We have forgotten how to boast about our weakness.
We have lost our bravado. Even our sharing.
We cower, unwilling to expose.
There is purpose in touting.
First, it admits our state. We are dusty. Weak. Damaged.
It allows the power of Christ to dwell in me. 2 Corinthians 12:9
Finally, it is for Christ's sake. 2 Corinthians 12:10
It casts glory upon Him, alone.
At the grand age of fifty-four, I boldly expose.
I am full of story and bravado.
My heart often trembles at the prospect.
But I boldly share.
For His sake.

1 comment:

  1. I like what you write, it make me think about things. Hope you are well, since i have not seen anything for a while.

    ReplyDelete