Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Like a Snow Plow

Snow has flurried. More is anticipated.
I have driven in roads covered, wind blowing, eyes straining, cars slid.
I am always grateful for one thing in such.
Snowplows going before me.
Clearing the way. Making the rough, smooth. Easing the difficulties with salt scattered.
Lights flashing, rattling, scraping, they bring noisy relief.
An evident reprieve.
Fear abated. Courage renewed, enabling me to journey forward.
The Lord Himself goes before you... Do not be afraid. Deuteronomy 31:8
In this life are storms unrelenting. Jesus promised such. (John 16:33)
But like a snowplow, He always goes before.
He clears the way, easing the difficulties.
He often brings noisy, obvious relief.
An evident reprieve, He scatters the salt of His people, His word.  
The light of His truth flashing, leading. Before.
Fear abated. Courage renewed, enabling me to journey forward.
I love snow.
But on roads slick, I love a good snowplow.
Going before.
Just like my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment