Friday, February 1, 2013

Cosider the Lilies

It's funny really.
Not once, in all the bitter and the white, have I ever heard a murmur, a whine, or even a fuss from my lilies, long dwindled and dried.
Even the coral bells, whose blooms were nipped by the frost, remain sedately planted.
How appalling would it be to walk past my garden each day and hear complaints, resentment, and grumbling?
For I know what is best for them. They need these biting days to strengthen them, prepare them, for the days of bursting glory ahead.
Without the raw, there is no glory.
"Consider the lilies of the field and learn thoroughly how they grow; they neither toil nor spin."  Matthew 5:28 Amplified
Consider. Learn thoroughly.
1. No complaints.
2. Remain where I am planted.
3. Be still. Twisting and spinning won't help.
4. I need the raw. Bursting glory is ahead.
This is sounding familiar: give thanks, count it all joy, rejoice always.
It's funny really.
What you can learn. From silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment