Monday, February 4, 2013

What Do I Wait For?

What do I wait for?
A question, sincerely asked.
Do I expect trial or do I expect hope?
Trials, difficulties, have been the standard these past years. Myriad. Countless. Insufferable.
It has become my norm. To anticipate. Trouble.
But what of hope?
Can I, will I, expect hope?
The dictionary defines hope as wishing for something. To be optimistic, confident, assume it will likely happen.
Maybe I have grown pessimistic over the years, but to wish for something good is a little out of my league. To be confident, circumstances will improve or assume, test results come back normal, is challenging.
I confess, I have given up on hope. In things.
Instead, my confidence has grown sure. I wait for and expect my God.
"But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in You." Psalm 39:7
I no longer trust things. But I do trust my Father, who loves me. Who knows what is best for me. Who is good, all-wise, all-knowing.
What do I wait for?
"I will hope in Him." Job 13:15

No comments:

Post a Comment