Wednesday, February 6, 2013

How Do I Know?

"For the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6
How do I know? That He will go with me?
When the road before me is rocky, sharp cutting into what is laid bare?
Where is the proof that He will cling when it feels like others turn away?
I walk outside to the brightness of winter's sun. Heart questioning, doubting.
Walking briskly, I capture it from the corner of my eyes.
It stays with me, following wherever I go. I can not escape it, leave it behind.
Though at times, it follows, it also goes before.
No matter, it clings.
Here was my proof: shadow attached.
If a shadow could remain with such tenacity, how much more my God?
"I will not, I will not, I will not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let you down (relax My hold on you)! Assuredly not! Hebrews 13:5 Amp.
Shadows remain vigorously attached.
And God also. Assuredly so!!
This is how I know: a shadow.
With me.

No comments:

Post a Comment