Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Not Ready

Painted upon the walk, that was lopsided, uneven, were words, true.
Not Ready.
The squares surrounding were smooth with straight edges. Easy to walk upon. To maneuver.
City workers have been diligently replacing pipes, ruining sidewalks in the process. This spot was one of their quick-fixes. A work in progress.
I was struck with how often I am not ready.
For trials.
For hope.
I often feel lopsided, misshapen.
Surrounded by those whose lives appear to have smooth edges. Straight paths.
Why do I feel so bent?
I forget.
"We are His workmanship." Ephesians 2:10
I am a work in progress. To be completed at a later date.
"He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6
If the men finished that square, now, who knows how someone's sewer or water supply might be adversely affected. The work is incomplete. So that jagged space remains, lopsided, uneven.
I am much the same. Though my life is misshapen, I am in my proper state.
Not ready.
In process.
But in His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment