Friday, April 19, 2013

Rights

I sulked. All evening.
After all, who says her words were true? How could they be?
I mean, I'm all for God having all my rights. You know, "laying it all on the altar, for Him." I trust Him.
But this nonsense about dying to my rights when it comes to other people? You have GOT to be kidding!
So I get mad. At others. Don't I count? Doesn't what I want, matter?
I have stewed over this for days now.
Out of these murky waters came words that I KNOW are true:
" I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me." Galatians 2:20
I, my wants, what I am entitled to or deserve, are all subdued. The power of them have been destroyed and the ruling influence of them, negated. I, my rights, have been utterly rejected, with Christ. And that leaves Christ living in me.
How does He live?
"You will be sons of the Most High, for He is kind and charitable and good to the ungrateful and the selfish and wicked. So be merciful, sympathetic, tender, responsive, and compassionate even as your Father is all these."  Luke 6:35-36 Amplified
Whoa. Convicting words! That means my stewing for days or even hours, is sin.  I is easily translated into selfish and wicked. It translates into independence.
In order to relate well to others, I must be dependent. On God.
And that is a matter of trust. I must believe God will take care of me, protect me, provide for me, in the midst of my relationships.
I can choose independence or dependence.
I want more of God, not more entitlement. For you see, I am in need of His kindness and mercy. His tenderness.
Aren't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment