Saturday, July 27, 2013

No Good

Psalm 16:2
I said to The Lord, "You are my Lord; apart from You I have no good thing."

When it is all said and done, I would rather have God.
I remember being at Josh's funeral, looking at him laying in the casket. I wanted my son back, more than I have wanted anything in my life, before or since. And The Lord whispered in my heart, "Given the choice, right now, which would you rather have, your son, or Me?"
It was a simple choice, in that moment, one I have never regretted: I would rather have God.
That was a defining moment in my life, a turning point, really. From that juncture on, I knew my God was trustworthy, and worth ALL, even the life of my son. Does that literally mean God expects us to sacrifice our children or spouses? No. But it does mean we have a choice, from time to time.
Things or God? People or God? Better circumstances or God?
Standing in that funeral, heart smashed and trying to breathe, I recognized, by His grace and mercy, " Lord, apart from You, I have no good thing. None, whatsoever."
HE is the good, my heart longs for.
Then. Today. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment