Thursday, August 29, 2013

Persistent Love


"His love endures forever." Psalm 136:1
His love is not the mushy-squishy kind. Far from it. His love is the I-will-give-all kind. The type that says I-will-do-what-is-best-for-you. Even if it hurts. Us. Him. His love is so extravagant, at times, I can not breathe. It is so high, I can not see it. So low, it goes beneath all my selfish sin. His love is so broad, it covers the ocean in a moment. Covers my very worst, in a heartbeat. His love is wild, beyond the craziest scene left behind in a tornado. Beyond explanation.
That same love, endures. Continues. Exists. Persists. Forever. With no exceptions, that love continues.
It makes no difference how far we wander, how much we suffer or how overflowing with doubt we are.
That hold-us-tight, off-the-charts love, keeps going. No. Matter. What.
And to make sure we get that, God repeats that twenty-six times, in one Psalm.
I sometimes feel like a broken record when I say the same thing over and over as a Mom. But I do it, because I want my children to hear me!
The Lord wants us to hear Him!
He loves us! Oh, how He loves us!
Persistently. Without exception. Always.
His love. Endures. Forever.
Glory!



No comments:

Post a Comment