Friday, January 24, 2014

No Plans

Me? I act like there are no plans.
When the path detours, I wiggle and squirm. Finagle. Whine and pout. My stance is like those Isrealites: "You complained in your tents:'God hates us. He hauled us out of Egypt to dump us---". (Deuteronomy 1:27 Message)
My attitude says, " God? He doesn't care. And, He doesn't know. What. He's. Doing. " Because, if I really believed, that He knows, The Plans, would I grumble? If I trusted, Him. I. Would. Follow. Willingly.
The problem is, I like my cozy little world and my warm-fuzzy arrangement. I would rather be stuck. Back there. In Egypt. You know, that land-of-misery, that expanse of heartache and at-least-I-know-what-to-expect-here.
These alternate routes? They are uncomfortable. Unexpected. Oh, and out-of-my-control. Yep, in my book, that's exactly where your name gets scratched off the list of invitees.  When you put me in a situation, foreign.
So God? He and I have been having this long discussion lately.
God: Here's a detour I designed just for you!
Me: (Throwing a loud tantrum) Seriously?!?
God: This is a good thing I am doing.
Me: (Getting louder) You. Have. Got. To. Be. Kidding. Me!
God: I love you, Daughter and I know the plans I have for you!
Me: (On the floor, flailing) I don't want to!!!!!!
God: (Picking me up, soothing.) Oh, Daughter, I am here. Do not be afraid.
Me: (Sobbing) I am willing, Lord.  I am willing. I choose to trust You.
Despite the fact that my routine has been disrupted and I am behaving like there are no plans, really? He knows. The Plan. And He loves me. Oh, He loves.  Me.
So if you happen to see me, off on a fork in the road, don't worry. I may be grumbling, but I am holding on tight to His hand. You can know that I am being taken care of, that I am in good hands.
And that I need you to pray like crazy :)

1 comment:

  1. wonderful....I have these same conversations with God!

    ReplyDelete