Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Behold!

Behold, your King comes to you; He is....meek, lowly, and riding on a donkey. Zechariah 9:9 Amplified
I am always looking for Jesus in the wrong places.
I am seeking to find Him high, among the popular, the whole. I assume I will find Him with the successful and organized. The wealthy and righteous. I search for Him among the big-ups and the up-and-comings.
Where is He?
In this week, holy, I hear His words, echoing. When I visit the sick, the poor. When I am with the least of these, I am with Him.
Jesus, my King, was meek. Lowly. He came, not mounted on some gorgeous stallion, arrogantly riding at the head of the parade. But rather, submissively, willingly, humbly, upon a donkey, something I would feel too prideful to ride.
Behold, says His word. Fix your eyes upon this. Observe with care. Pay attention. And what is it that I need to fix my eyes upon?
A King who chooses the common, the broken. The messy and ugly-with-sin. He came to the cast out and the out-of-date. The forgotten and friendless.
This week, if I want to search for Jesus, in all His glory, I will find Him down the hall of those with bodies, broken. In the midst of teens, lonely and among the twisted hearts scattered around my own table.
To behold my King, I must look in the right places. I must look low. From bended knee and grateful heart. And there, I will find Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment