Thursday, July 3, 2014

No Right

I am like a two year old, demanding. Thinking I have the right.
To have my daughter well. Even live. A long and full life.
As I leave her doctor I want to.
Insist. Appeal. Even plea and beg. Like our dog wanting a walk, running to the door, tail wagging. Looking up at me, waiting for me to open the door and invite him out. Enthusiastic with anticipation. Soulful eyes, entreating.
That is me, longing to cry out, "Please, Lord."
Instead, Truth chimes through my soul, reverberating.
I have no right.
It is not up to me to decide.
It is my job to trust. He who is sovereign. Over All.
Job's words sink in. The weight of them. The soundness. The freedom.
"The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away. Blessed be the name of the Lord. " Job 1:21
There is no need to beg for mercy or even more time. There is only need to yield to Him. He who is all wise, all knowing, whom no one can counsel.
The heart-cry of truth is not one of demands. It is of praise.
"How great is God-beyond our understanding!" Job 36:26
And that is where I find freedom. Release from the endless demands of my rights.
Like my dog, I must look up. And wait, expectantly.
Blessed be the name of the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment