Saturday, February 28, 2015

Fiery Glory




When I look behind, there remains a glow. It is stark against the black, radiating heat. Even in the looking, I am scalded by that furnace, still burning. It is difficult to fathom that I was there, in the midst of flames so immense. It seems impossible to survive such searing fire;  inconceivable to walk out again.
Yet, here I stand. Stunned. Astounded. Awestruck.
When I turn once more to face those flames, insurmountable, I find a greater luminosity. Glory covering, encircling, that furnace.
I recognize once more, that I was not alone. I have been branded, 'Mine', with indelible heat. I find that I am grateful, He chose, to wrap me in such grace. I am reminded of Love that chose such suffering, for me. I am humbled by the beauty of it all.
The brilliance broadcasts itself across the sky stating "Here, one was refined."
And Glory wrapped and held and infused it all.

"You have enclosed me behind and before, and laid Your hand upon me. Psalm 139:5 NASB

No comments:

Post a Comment