Saturday, February 7, 2015

Slow Waltz

We are doing this slow waltz. But the night has been lengthy and she grows weary. I yearn to keep her in my arms and swirl longer, marveling over her beauty, her determination and grace. I want to hear her laughter as she and I frolic in the rumba. I want to line dance and have her tell me how it's done. I want us to do the twist and know that she is strong. I want to stand at the side and be amazed over her vibrancy as she hip hops with the beat. Instead , she's swaying in the arms of those she loves. I never expected to hear the music fading, to end this dance so soon. But the Lord of Love is waiting and soon she'll waltz with Him. Then our promenade will be a distant memory while echoes of her laughter caper across the walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment