Monday, March 16, 2015

Held



I am held,
Securely, firmly, held.
Like a chick nestled in the down of her mother's breast,
I am held.
In the midst of bitter disappointment, in sadness, and in fear,
I am hidden. I am held.
When doubts climb higher than a vine upon a wall,
He clings firmly. I am held.
After failure, that spins like a child's top, out of control,
When sin has stalked and lies have captured,
I am held.
As a fruit, bearing fruit,
With fruit still bursting upon the world,
I am held.
When days are long and nights are short,
And words have curdled like soured milk,
I am held.
When hopes are devoured like some dog has come to feast,
Even then,
I am held.
In sickness and in health,
In the strife and in the peace,
In joyous laughter and endless tears,
When steps are sure or feeble, uncertain,
I am graciously, wonderfully,
I am purposely, lovingly,
I am gently and continuously
Held. 

No comments:

Post a Comment