Friday, August 14, 2015

Askew





They laid there for days. I was walking the dog when I saw them. They lay there twisted and all askew. I was surprised to see glasses so mangled, left lying in the street.
Day after day I sauntered by them, mostly ignoring them. Until I was passing by nearly a week later. I blithely continued my walk until the Lord spoke. "Stop! Pick them up!" I couldn't imagine why He would have me retrieve such mangled eyeglasses, but I bent down to do so.



As I examined these lenses that had badly gone awry, my Father spoke once more. "Daughter, how often you have come to Me certain, you knew best. That because you wore a spiritual lense, your perspective was correct. Look closely daughter, as mangled as these lenses are, that's how askew your thoughts, your plans, are. They can't even be called distorted. They are worthless. Unusable. Totally ruined. My thoughts are greater than if you stood on a mountain top and perused the plains for miles below. I am the One who holds the earth like a grain of sand. All of the heavens are held in My hand. I am great and mighty. I AM. Only I have clear vision of what lies ahead. Only I have the correct lense for you to peer through."
Gulp.
 Ok, Lord, give me eyes to see. From Your perspective. You, alone, are worthy of my trust.

1 comment:

  1. Deb, I read each one of your posts and there are so many amazing truths in each one. This one, in particular, speaks to me. I would love to be able to share this post and many others on Facebook. Is there a way to do this? And thank you!

    ReplyDelete