Thursday, October 29, 2015

Unless It Falls





I see them fallen, scattered, and I am reminded that we too will wither. I should not be surprised that one more, that I loved, one more who was vibrant and bright like a miniature flag flapping in the breeze upon these trees, has now wafted to the ground, joining endless others.
My heart stumbles over the thought. I am humbled by the cycle spinning onward, knowing that I too shall join the ranks of these fallen.
I do not sit among the dead paying tribute to one gone in a cemetery somewhere. No, I sit upon a log, surrounded by centuries of decay, now turned into rich soil. I listen to the serenade of songs reminding me of the constant care of my Father. I rest here, knowing there is beauty found in these memories cast upon the ground, lifeless and piled , heaped with grace and glory yet to come.
I marvel as I cast my eyes upon these sentinels in endless ranks, that will soon cast their beauty upon this forest floor, knowing good will arise from so many crumpled lives.

I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat is planted in the soil and dies, it remains alone. But it's death will produce many new kernels-- a plentiful harvest of new lives. John 12:24 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment