Monday, April 9, 2012

Trampled Beauty


Petals glitter the ground. Beauty trampled under feet. Wind and storm have ravaged the laughter. It hurts my heart to see it so.
I love the beauty. The newness. I inhale the freshness of life as laundry just removed from the clothesline. I relish the cleanness, the unsullied. I cling to the innocence. This is why spring is so dear to me.
When the beauty is trampled, my heart aches. When wind and storm ravage. The freshness becomes stale, even moldy. Innocence is sullied. Hopes are dashed. Again.
I glimpse afresh. New growth appears. Where beauty reigned, life unfurls. Growth supplants beauty. Trampled fertilizes the process.
Trampled fertilizes.
It is only as the innocence is sullied, the freshness spoiled, that growth may come. Only when the laughter is ravaged is life unfurled. Trampled beauty fertilizes new life.
This is the truth I must remember. Growth supplants beauty and trampled fertilizes. Here is where hope is reborn.
…. but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; character, hope. Romans 5:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment