Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Washing of Feet


It was the willingness to submit, the confessing of my own need to be cleansed, that prompted me. My pride clearly stated that I had no need. My heart spoke differently.
So, I walked forward. I bared my feet as I bared my soul.
It is easier to wash the feet of others, thinking I had earned the right. Today, I need the wiping off of the feet. It takes humility to admit my need for cleansing.
It is an act of love to serve us by washing our feet. It is an act of humility to receive that gift of love .
It is a reminder, this dripping of water upon the foot. It represents God's love and sacrifice for us. I forget the love, the sacrifice, for the love of me. I forget, because I am a sinful woman.
The towel wipes clean. Grace removes the dust.
I am like Peter crying out: “Lord, not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!”
John 13:9
One has stooped low before me.
I stand in awe of His presence once more. Of such grace.
 Again. Again. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment