Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Fragrance


As I walk, the subtle lavender beauty attracts me from afar. But it is the fragrance of the lilac, carried upon a breeze, that entices me closer.
  The exquisite aroma insists that I pluck, that I make it my own. As a butterfly drawn to the nectar, I am captivated by such fragrance. This is the perfume of life itself, radiating from my hand.

Everywhere we go, people breath in the exquisite fragrance.
 Because of Christ, we give off a sweet scent to God---
  an aroma redolent with life.
2 Corinthians 2:14-16 Message

According to these verses, I am an exquisite fragrance. That the aroma of Christ in me, radiates to God Himself. 
Me, lacking, failing, wounded. Am exquisite. Beautiful. Elegant. A sweet scent.
And that same perfume wafts through me enticing others. As butterflies drawn to nectar, they are captivated by such fragrance. Christ in me. Life in me.
Alluring.

Humbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment