Friday, May 4, 2012

Waiting


I don't like waiting.
Waiting is often uncomfortable, even challenging. Waiting can involve humility as I have to rely on others. It may even be constricting as my movements are limited.
Waiting is hard.
My Beloved's car finally bit the dust. I am left, scrambling for transportation. What I want to do is spend hours searching craigslist for a car. But the Lord would have me seek Him. As I have done that, He pointed out these words:
I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord;
 be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.
Psalm 27: 13-14
I can be confident in the truth of these words.
I will see God's goodness in my life.
I must wait on God. It is a command.
As I wait, be strong. Stand firm. Do not be tempted to search craigslist or fall prey to anxiety.
Take heart! Believe the truth of God's word. I will see God's goodness.
WAIT on God. This is the God who knows me. Who loves me. Who knows what is best for me. I must choose to rest in His care.
I may not like it, but waiting is best.
That is where I will find God's goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment