Monday, May 7, 2012

Hallowed Ground


I just stood on hallowed ground. Ground made holy by God's presence.
 Moses experienced that way back in Exodus 3:5. “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.” Why was it holy? Because God was there.
It was a space for God.
Moses found his hallowed ground in the desert. I found mine on a sidewalk.
 Finishing my run, I passed a dead bird.
“Are not two little sparrows sold for a penny? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground without your Father's notice. “ Matthew 10 :29
My Father was there when that common bird took its last breath.
Here, on the sidewalk, I could find God, make space for Him. Experience His presence.
Here, I could stand in awe of His magnificence, kneel in humility of such intimacy. Breathe in His goodness.
Here was hallowed ground.
I worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment