Monday, July 23, 2012

Chipped



My nail polish is chipped. Again.
Despite my best efforts. No matter how carefully I apply the layers, or how long I allow them to dry. Still flakes. So, why do I bother?
It's the appeal of gorgeous nails. I long for the beautiful.
I want to be like everyone else. Have the same appeal as all those other “beautiful women.”
And I get chipped.
Am I less because of that?
The truth is, I am nicked. We all are.
Lovely doesn't come from covering or fake, as many assume. It comes from within
.
Psalm 27:4 One thing I ask from the Lord,this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.

The only thing I should long for, is to be in God's presence. Why? So that I may gaze upon His beauty. To behold and contemplate His loveliness.
All that God is, dwells within me. In Him, is gorgeous.
In Him, I am beautiful.
Chipped, yet lovely.
I am one of those “beautiful women.”
I brush the nails and behold Him once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment