Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My Master

He is my Master.
I am His servant.
How do I bow the head?
Or bend the knee?
To do so, in my past, has only led to these wounds I suffer. These scars I carry.
He states it clear: “Behold, as the eyes of the servants look to the hand of their master, as the eyes of the maidservant look to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to the LORD our God.” Psalm 123:1-2
Is it not this looking that enables me?
To cast my eyes upon the Master, emboldens.
He chooses to purchase me for a high price, even the Redeeming blood of His Son. 1Corinthians 6:19-20
For the LORD your God is God of gods, Lord of lords, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God. Deuteronomy 10:17
This Great Master has absolute authority and it is His right to rule over me.
Then, in mercy, He frees me from my chains. He has loosed all that has bound me. Psalm 116:16
The eyes enable the mouth.
When I call Him Lord, I recognize I have an intimate relationship with Him and a commitment to Him.
My only response can be to look to Him. And to bow the head, to bend the knee.
In adoration and thanksgiving.
To exclaim with David, “You are my Master; I have no good apart from You.” Psalm 16:2

No comments:

Post a Comment