Monday, September 17, 2012

The Path

He said it plain. Narrow is the path.
It can be a challenge to stay on.
There are the steps down into Destruction.
The steep incline of Difficulty.
To the right, the way of Enticement, lures.
On the left the briars of Doubt entangle.
The dust before me often blows and swirls, hindering my view.
The trail itself, twists and loops.
I have meandered and strayed. Lingering long in places I shouldn't.
If I will only stay on the path.
“Narrow is the road that leads to life.” Matthew 7:14
This thin place points the way to life.
Freedom. Hope. Forgiveness.
All right there on a narrow path.
I set my foot in the dust.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deb,

    I have been praying for you and your family and I wondered if you would like a gift of a retreat day, Saturday, October 6th, in Milford at Time of Refreshment... if you can come... register on-line at: http://timeofrefreshment.com

    Your heart finds words that write your story so well... may you continue to give room in your days to express that which so many need to hear! Blessings, Linda Holmes

    ReplyDelete