Friday, October 26, 2012

Finding the Holy

It is amongst the pots and rags that I must find Him.
I must seek Him among the pans and plates.
How do you find the Holy amongst the common?
Is it in the bend as I sweep?
Can I find Him in faces, blank, despite my smiles?
The Word speaks:”If you seek Him, He will be found by you.” 2 Chronicles 15:2
I long for the mundane to become sacred.
I whisper prayers for those blank faces.
I worship as I wipe.
I bend the will as I bend the waist.
I find Him in the reluctant smile.
He simmers in my heart as I stir the pot.
With each spoonful I serve, I choose to serve Him.
It is in my seeking, that the mundane becomes sacred.
I find the Holy One shining in the scrubbed clean.
Soon, the whole kitchen is filled with His glory.
I gratefully sing praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment