Monday, October 29, 2012

Thirsty

It's because I don't like it, that I want.
Because it is mundane. Boring.
There is nothing creative to be found in sweeping.
I have clung, oh these long years, to what spurs me.
I have sought only to be inspired.
For the next project. The next words to write.
It is such a barren place.
A place that spurns creativity.
This goes against my nature, who I am.
I find that I am thirsty.
I thirst for Him, as in a dry land.
I long to find satisfaction.
That is not found in the sweep.
I long for Him.
I long.
And then I awaken.
Realizing all the ways I have spurned.
Opportunities to thirst.
For Him.
And I am ashamed, by such lack.
Humbly I come.
Cup in hand.
Please, Lord. Won't You fill it?
Fill me?
I am so thirsty.


“O God, You are my God, earnestly I seek You;
my soul thirsts for You,
my body longs for Your
in a dry and weary land where there is no water.” Psalm 63:1

No comments:

Post a Comment