Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Foolish Clown


I have been foolish clown seeking to delight.
I have spent time and heart wanting to satisfy.
I have acted out the performance in order to please.
I confess it: I am a people pleaser.
I have spread the lies like thick jam on the bread, aiming for approval.
I have entertained rather than be honest. Or real.
I have lingered long in the valley of Fear.
Afraid to hurt or to be hurt.
Afraid to disappoint.
Afraid to be less.
I have been more concerned whether or not I failed others, than whether I failed Him who never disappoints.

“God pays no attention to what others say (or what you think) about you. He makes up His own mind.”
 Romans 2:11 Message
“He will take great delight in you... He will rejoice over you with singing.”
Zephaniah 3:17
“I have loved you with an everlasting love.” Jeremiah 31:3

I have chased after fleeting while Eternal rejoices.
I have forgotten that He is pleased. Without the act. Without entertaining.
Here is where I must linger.
In the arms of Delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment