Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Set


As leaves swirl about me, so do my thoughts.
Hurt. Anxiety. Fear.
I set my heart upon them.
Feasting.
Until my heart bleeds.
Cold. Anger.
In a moment, in the midst of beauty, hardness has come. Relentless.
Like leaves piling. Strewn across the lawn.
I have strewn.
He whispers sweet.
“Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.” Colossians 3:2
How swiftly the leaves fall as the wind billows.
And how swiftly my heart plummets when I set my mind on earthly.
On the dirt others drag into my life.
On the to-do list, piling.
Set your mind.
Like a dish upon a shelf that does not move.
Set.
My mind. My thoughts.
On things above.
God. His word.
Place, firmly, my thoughts on what is solid.
Not swirling.
Feast there.
And bleed.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment