Friday, November 16, 2012

The Bend

I bend to wash, to sweep. I bend to serve.
The back bows and so must the heart.
Today, I am reluctant.
I am weary of this task. This circumstance. This serve.
There. I said it.
I am weary of this bend to serve.
Even to my Master.
Today, I would rather be curled up under blankets reading a novel.
I make the bend anyway. Complete with sighs and reluctance.
And this is what I am learning.
A reluctant bend is still a bend.
A sighing bend is still a bend.
A weeping bend is still a bend.
It matters not the state of my body or emotions when I bend the heart to serve my Lord. It only matters that I bend to serve Him at all.
Even Paul knows it in Acts 20:19 “I served the Lord with great humility and with tears...”
The back bows to serve, to sweep.
The bend to Him, complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment