Friday, January 18, 2013

Grace is Stunted

Soap suds slop from bucket.
The tediousness wears me thin.
Grace is stunted by unseeing eyes.
If there is no sight, there is no perspective.
Where is my focus?
On the mundane?
That only blears the vision.
On the raw and ache?
That causes the orbs to shut.
How can I awaken grace?
How can I , in this moment of suds spreading , allow grace to grow?
“And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.”  2 Corinthians 9:8
Eyes are opened wide by God Himself.
Acknowledge Him and grace overflows.
I long to awaken to such grace.
Here in dirty rag, I vision sins washed clean.
Here in soap bubbling, I find glory, iridescent.
Here in counter scrubbed, I see mercy new.
God is able.
Perspective renewed.
Grace flourishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment