Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Thank Him

I thank for sun streaming. Birds scattering seed. Chimes resounding.
"In everything give thanks." 1 Thessalonians 5:18
In everything? Right there in the very midst?
What about the hard? Those times, places, that don't give way? That press and bruise sure?
Son, brain chemicals chaotic, behavior unexpected?
What about the back , walking. Away?
Or lies spreading until one I love is captured by its wake and our family is stained with the poison?
What then?
"Give. Thanks."
Give? Offer as gift?
Why would I  offer such meager fare?
Why bestow, gratitude, when I am far from thankful?
I am wounded sure. Broken. Bitter.
And I am to thank?
"For this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18
God's will. This is what would please Him. This is what He requires.
Thank Him. Offer gratitude for the hard.
As gift. To please Him. Simply because He asks.
And that meager becomes feast, in His hands.
That hard stone lodged deep, becomes love poured out.
Thank Him.
And the unexpected becomes glory spreading, capturing.
Thank Him and I am broken. By grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment