Friday, March 1, 2013

Practice

I have to practice. What I preach.
Give thanks.
For the ugly-beautiful.
When all I ever wanted was the Beautiful.
Without the Ugly.
When I recite litany of gratefulness, I drive stakes into truth, deep.
"But God is so rich in mercy, and He loved us so much."    Ephesians 2:4 NLT
"Out of His fullness, we have all received...favor upon favor and gift heaped upon gift." John 1:16
I must rehearse these truths when the Ugly stares, unheeding.
Hone the skill of speaking, thanks, when my heart cries "Silence!"
Weigh down each Ugly. With the Beautiful.
Like fingers weighting keys of piano. To serenade. To soothe.
The same song, repeatedly hammered, until I can play it, smooth. Lovely.
I need more practice.
My song is stilted. Stiff. Unsure.
And I long for the Beautiful.
When I have Ugly.
I try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment