Friday, May 3, 2013

Glitter


In craft projects, glitter adds sparkle, adds fun.
Rarely am I satisfied with the results.
Trying to glue it down, to contain it, is no fun at all. The slightest breeze and it scatters.
It clings. Where you don't want it. And mostly, it makes a plain mess.
Much of my life, I have run after glitter.
I have wanted. The next thing alluring. I have shopped and chopped, ordered and orchestrated, all in hopes of sparkle. Seeking to be satisfied.
All that lovely? Gone in the flutter of a wing.
Seeking for more, for the promising, the shining, has only left me frustrated.
So much has been pageantry, a big show.
At this point in my life, the only thing showing is a clinging mess.
It says it right there in the book of futility, "This too is meaningless, a chasing after wind." Ecclesiastes 4:4
I long for something weightier. Something substantial.
I want more than a moment of glitz.
More than tinsel can offer.
I want Glory. Himself.
Glory is abundance, wealth, treasure and thus is due all honor. Glory is infinite perfection.
And isn't that what I have longed for all along?
He is the God of Glory. Acts 7:2
Given the choice between the mess of glitter or the perfection of Glory, I choose. Him.
Let the wind blow where it wills. I'm done chasing glitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment